Tips for parents
The health of your child, you play a very important role. Because you are decides what you eat in your family’s attitudes to Smoking and alcohol, how to communicate other people. The parents have the really big responsibility: they should care about the health of their children and to set a good example. Remember this continually and rejoice in the possibility of a beneficial effect on their children.
Being a parent is a big and multifaceted task.
A parent’s role is the role of man for life. The role of parents always develops together with the child. The ability to be a parent is born as a result of the relationship with the child.
Map the roles of the parents is an attempt to analyse the diverse roles of parents. This map helps to visualize the totality of all those roles, knowledge and skills of everyday life, which if necessary can each learn.
Map the roles of parents (five main functions of parents in the child’s life).
Parent – educator
The educator is a very important role in maintaining the everyday and normal family life, but also in the formation and development of the child various skills. From the point of view of the baby, the role of the educator is considered vital. Many additional roles teachers have a direct relationship with roles “setting limits” and “teacher of life”
Parent – “the breadwinner”
– ensures the regularity of supply
– provides a varied and healthy diet
– if necessary, limit the child’s consumption of sweets
Parent – “providing clothing”
– ensures that the the child was dry and clean clothes
– baby clothes due to climatic conditions
– teach older children to care for the clothing
– respects the style and taste, which are formed in gaining independence teenager
Parent –” encouraging”
– contributes to the development of auditory and visual skills of the child
– gives the child toys, books, learning to listen to the music, gives you the opportunity to experience other experience
– encouraging the child’s interests and, when possible, provides specific assistance, for example, accompanying him for the holidays, classes, etc.
Parent – ” defender of rest /sleep”
– provides child has enough sleep
– it provides a calm and safe place to sleep
Parent –”spending the money”
– satisfies the basic needs of the child
– earn enough money for the purchase of food and clothing for the child
– explains to the child the value of money and teaches reasonable spending
– creates a system in which children in the family give money (for example, pocket money for the week or month, reward or just when needed)
Parent – “monitors the purity”
– takes care of hygiene of the child
– teaches the child to independently take care of personal hygiene
Parent – “to maintain order”
– prohibits littering on the street
– to monitor the cleanliness in the house
– teaches the child to clean his room
– as children get older gives him more responsibility for the order and cleanliness in the house
– if necessary, takes the kid to the doctor
– responsible for the child’s treatment
Parent – “leading a child to walk”
– walking with your child
– encourage the child to take walks outdoors
Parent – set limits
The task of the parent to ensure the child a safe childhood. One part of reliability is the limits. A child who grew up without parents installed the boundaries of permissibility, feels insecure. The vulnerability of the child or adolescent is expressed, for example, aggressive behavior.
– does not leave the baby alone
– don’t throw the baby
– only make promises they can perform
* learn to act in unexpected situations.
Parent as the following principles and arrangements, as well as tracking their compliance
– should be installed in the family rules and oversees their execution
defines the time of homecoming and other schedules in the family
– carries out the punishment
– oversees compliance with the rules
– looking after our child’s learning in school.
Parent who can say “no”, “no”
– able to set the boundaries of permissibility in the child’s behavior
– consistently acts in relation to the child
– stand the disappointment of a child.
Parent tracking as a routine
– cares about comfort life
– provides your child enough sleep and rest.
Parent as establishing limits and restrictions
– knows and understands your stamina
– able to limit your consumption of intoxicating means able to contain his aggressiveness.
Parent – teacher life
The role of the teacher of life includes learning the art of social skills. How well a child will learn to build our relationships with other people, is of great importance throughout his life. The acquisition in childhood notions of morality, values and relationships remain virtually unchanged until the end of life.
Parent training as the skills of everyday life
– tames child to clean up after themselves
– teaches the child hygiene
– teaches the child the correct behavior at the table
– teaches the child how to dress
– teaches the child to do business in offices, shops, etc.
Parent as defining the concepts of “right”, “wrong”
– teaches the child of honesty, equality and other values
– explain to the child about false values, such as lying, stealing, violence, exploitation, sexual and other abuse.
– teaches the child to consider others and the ability to wait your turn
– teaches the child not only the ability to hear the opinion of others, but also the ability to Express their opinions
– to educate the child about the temptations in different situations
– gives the child a mild disappointment
– teaches the child to tolerate frustration and provides the necessary support.
Parent as giving an example
– examines its operations and its comparability with the nominated child requirements
– responsible for their actions.
Parent as a learning manners
– teaches the child the generally accepted rules of behavior(expression of gratitude, consideration of others, a greeting ….)
– teaches the child the rules of the road
– teaches the child to behave in public places.
Parent as guardian of the traditions
– organizes the child holidays in accordance with the beliefs of the family
– contributes to the accession of a child to its roots and helps him to learn about the origin of a kind
– keeps the traditions of his own family.
Parent as passing values
– cares about the fair
– shall ensure observance of social values.
Parent as appreciate the beauty
– providing support to creativity and spiritual life of the child
– makes possible the enjoyment of the senses.
Parent – governing relations between people
Man is born with feelings and the development of these feelings continues throughout a person’s life. Recognize and Express their feelings and needs of a person already enrolled in the childhood. What a person hears good judgment about myself, is a prerequisite for creating a positive self-esteem. The child is also important to feel it to feel and understand.
Parent as helper in conflict resolution
– expresses its support for the child
– expresses aloud positive feedback
– teaches the child to communicate with different people.
Parent as perceiving feelings
– recognize the child’s feelings
– allows the child to Express both positive and negative feelings.
Parent – giving love
Parent executing this role, paving the way for future female / male identity of the child and confidence.
To love another is possible only under the condition that the person loves and himself. The feeling of love and support necessary for positive child development.
Parent – “loving yourself”
– cares about himself and his health
– if necessary, receive help from other adults, relatives or assistants professionals.