Influence of modern cartoons on the personality development of the child
One of the objects of civilized life is the television. One of the tasks of television – to bring to view as many viewers. Typically, TV shows often aimed at children, both young and younger. In order to lure children there are many channels that show cartoons, movies. However, more and more parents and teachers have doubts about the usefulness and safety for their children in modern television. These doubts are not unfounded.
The formation of the personality of children occurs in the first 5-7 years of their life. The Foundation will be laid in these years, depends on the further psychological development of the child.
Not unimportant role in the lives of children playing cartoons. They, on the one hand, allow parents to distract the child for a while, and the parents go about their business, and, on the other hand, are important educational, cognitive and developmental functions.
The Association of pediatricians of Japan appealed to all parents, teachers and doctors urging them to keep small children, especially those aged less than two years away from of the television. The results of a study conducted recently by the Association of doctors and psychologists, have shown that television dramatically reduces the development of communication skills. Scientists from Japan, studying the impact of the media on children, conducted a survey of babies in which parents were involved. According to the obtained data, 96.6 per cent of babies were growing up in homes where the TV was on more than ten hours a day. All of these children tend to look away during contact with someone. For comparison, in those homes where the TV was on high for three hours, only 37.5 per cent of the children responded to the interlocutor in a similar way.
This suggests that the ability of the child to build their personal relationships with others decreases with increasing the amount of time he spends in front of the TV. In addition, the children viewers is reduced mastery of speaking skills.
Why modern cartoons similarly affect the development of personal characteristics of the child?
Unfortunately, at the end of the last century not only the film industry, but the domestic industry was going through hard times. Cartoons in this period is very short, so empty niche in the market took foreign cartoons production. These cartoons are designed totally for a different audience, they are in a completely different culture. They do not take into account our national and cultural characteristics. Modern Russian cartoons are also not always have a positive value for the child, as often copy the style of Western animation.
It is proved that watching too dynamic scenes and scenes with bright flashes on the TV screen, can cause in predisposed children epileptic seizures. So sometimes baby neurologists recommend to parents of such patients to restrict viewing of up to five years solely to Soviet animation.
Cartoon for child – a model of the world. The child almost all information can be perceived in the form of images. From these images he builds his model of the world. Children tend to imitate what they see on the screen. Unfortunately, the example to follow is not always worthy.
In modern cartoons can provide a number of disadvantages that can lead to improper formation and development of the child’s mind:
1. An overabundance of aggression and violence on the screen. Too detailed fight scenes, murders, demonstrations of the attributes of death. The main character is often aggressive, harms others. The child can then imitate cartoon violence in their lives.
2. Full impunity. A bad character is not punished, and sometimes even encouraged. The child can form a stereotype about permissiveness, a hundred will lead to negative consequences in the future.
3. There is no clear border between good and evil. Even a positive character can also make bad things for good purposes.
4. Empowering women masculine traits and Vice versa. This is reflected in behavior, clothing, the role of the character. For example, the heroine can fight, with her face changes completely, erased the line between masculinity and femininity. Often women in cartoons have a clear interest in men, in every possible way by showing and demonstrating it on the screen. In children incorrectly shape the image of women and mothers.
5. Improper formation of instinct, unconsciously pushing a child to suicide. Heroes can several times to die and rise on the screen. There is no guarantee that the child will not want in real life to try to repeat the feat of his favorite hero.
6. The use of bright, toxic paints. This technique exploits the property of the child’s psyche to respond to all the brightest. Thus, the child’s attention is riveted on the character that leads the viewer wherever he wants, allowing him to escape and reflect.
7. A typical person. The main heroine of all American cartoons. Because of the frequency of the flashing of that person on the screen, it turns into acquired aesthetic stereotype. Thus, girls will tend to look like something that doesn’t happen. And the boys, growing up, will be in vain to look for what cannot be. There is a “romantic hunger” in children.
Almost all modern cartoons – it is a product of mass culture. Drawing information only from sources such child will absolutely like everyone else, will not be able to become an individual. To form the personality of the child, parents need to educate themselves, not giving it entirely at the mercy of television.
Avoid disharmonious development of the child’s personality, while watching cartoons, you must follow some rules:
1. Viewing time should be limited. The best option – 30 – 60 minutes depending on the age of the child. But be sure to let us watch the cartoon to its logical conclusion.
2. The child should not be alone with a TV. Children, especially up to three years, necessary comments from the adult. It would be useful to ask questions of the child on the actions of cartoon characters.
3. The television should not replace other classes. With the child every day, you need to play, draw, read, sculpt, walking, listening to music, etc.
4. Cartoons should teach children various life situations.
5. Baby under the impression cartoon can be viewed enthrall amazing informative classes. For example, after watching the movie “the Kid and Carlson” you can tell a child about the homeland of fairy tale – Sweden or find it on the map. You can draw the main characters of the tale, put the word “Carlson” out of blocks, and to think of other classes in the tale that will be for your child useful and interesting.
6. If in a cartoon story based on the plot of the book is to start is to read the book. And then it should show the cartoon.
During commercial breaks you can play the game – “guess the continuation of the cartoon”. This game will help to develop the child’s thinking.
At observance of these rules, watching cartoons will not only entertain children but also to teach him, as well as contribute to the proper development of his personal sphere.